Sunday, March 18, 2012

About Intern

Intern is now open source.

I’ve been busy, so I neglected to post this in quite some time, but I have made Intern open source.

Intern was created because I did not want to repeat some custom implementations in every application that I do for iOS. Probably every table view that I program will have the default implementation to delete an item, I’ll probably aways create the core data document which will hold my objects in the same way, and I want some default classes that make it easier to write my tests. Instead of doing that every time, it seemed more appropriate to create a project for it (even though I still have only one project for iPhone).

It’s quite possible that in the projects I develop to make posts in this blog, I’ll use intern to make my job easier if it doesn’t get in the way to illustrate the points I want to make.

Also, there’s an Intern version for java and android applications too. It will also be made open source when I close kotoba’s version 0.1 for iphone and start to develop version 0.2 to both iPhone and Android. I don’t make it open source now because I have to work a little for it to be ready.

Anyway, you can check intern at  https://github.com/rafaeladson/intern-objc


No comments:

Post a Comment